[Haskell-beginners] Cabal on mac

Tim Pizey timp at paneris.org
Tue Nov 29 00:32:51 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply:

On 25 November 2011 00:48, Daniel Fischer  wrote:
> On Friday 25 November 2011, 01:32:13, Tim Pizey wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have installed cabal and HaxMl
>>
>> cabal install HaXml
>>
>> but my .hs file cannot find
>>
>> import Text.XML.HaXml.Xml2Haskell (readXml)
>>
>> giving
>>
>> *** Chasing dependencies:
>> Chasing modules from: *ch.hs
>>
>> ch.hs:3:8:
>>     Could not find module `Text.XML.HaXml.Xml2Haskell':
>>       locations searched:
>>         Text/XML/HaXml/Xml2Haskell.hs
>>         Text/XML/HaXml/Xml2Haskell.lhs
>>
>> It would seem only to be looking in the current directory.
>>
>> Hoping I have just missed something obvious.
>
> In a way.
>
> Text.XML.HaXml.Xml2Haskell was in HaXml-1.13, but is no longer in HaXml
> since version 1.19 (current is 1.22.5). Old tutorial, I guess.
>
> There are two functions with the name readXml in the new versions, in
> Text.XML.HaXml.XmlContent and Text.XML.HaXml.XmlContent.Haskell
> (probably the same function, just exported from both modules).
>
> The type has changed, instead of XmlContent a => String -> Maybe a, it is
> now XmlContent a => String -> Either String a, presumably specifying the
> parse failure now if there is one, otherwise I expect the behaviour to be
> the same.

I am trying to use XsdToHaskell but am getting stuck.

The page http://projects.haskell.org/HaXml/
has dead links for DtdToHaskell and XsdToHaskell

There is an apparently dead project at http://code.google.com/p/xsdtohaskell/

I have a set of .xsd file which reference each other and the command

XsdToHaskell chassis.xsd > Chassis.xsd.hs

generates a lot of haskell, but seems to include debugging eg

Parse Success!

Do you or others know of some uptodate documentation?

cheers
Tim

--
Tim Pizey