[Haskell-beginners] Unresponsive interactive GHC using Leksah

Hugo Ferreira hmf at inescporto.pt
Fri Oct 21 16:58:45 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am trying out the code in the book http://nlpwp.org/.
When testing the code in chapter 7 (POS tagger), the
interactive session consumes much memory and the whole
system becomes unresponsive (Ubuntu 10.04, Dual Core,
2 Gig memory). I even find it difficult to kill the process.

If I execute a ghci session I see very large memory (1.6Gig)
use and relative slow execution. However the system does not
become as unresponsive. If I run the executable directly the
execution goes from minutes to seconds.

Anyone know if I can tweak GHCi and/or leksah to avoid or
simple reduce this problem?

TIA,
Hugo F.