[Haskell-beginners] Help me with designing my daemon, please.

David McBride dmcbride at neondsl.com
Wed Sep 7 22:37:01 CEST 2011

I'm imagining this:

data TestInfo = {
  testname :: String,
  etc..
}
data TestResult = {
  success :: Bool,
  etc...
}

data Test = Test (TestInfo -> IO ())
type Tests = [Test]

main = do
  let tests = [whatever] :: Tests
  testchan <- newTChanIO :: IO (TChan TestInfo)
  resultchan <- newTChanIO :: IO (TChan TestResult)
  exceptionwhatever $ queuetest testchan
  forkIO $ testThread (testchan,resultchan) tests
  printTestResults resultChan

queuetest chan = atomically $ writeTchan (TestInfo .....)

testThread (testchan, resultchan) tests = forever $ do
  newtest <- atomically $ readTChan testchan
  results <- mapM tests newTest
  atomically $ writeTChan resultchan results

printTestResults chan = forever $ do
  x <- atomically $ readTChan chan
  print x

Something like that perhaps?