[Haskell-beginners] Editing the layout hook

Anthony Campbell ac at acampbell.org.uk
Wed Sep 14 10:30:39 CEST 2011

I've just started using Xmonad so apologies if this is a very basic
question.

I tried to use a different layout but I keep getting errors. Even when I
simply copied the example from Monad-Doc-Extending.html it didn't work.

My xmonad.hs file was as follows:

--------------------------------------
    import XMonad

    import XMonad.Layout.Tabbed
    import XMonad.Layout.Accordion
    import XMonad.Layout.NoBorders

    mylayoutHook = Full ||| noBorders (tabbed shrinkText defaultTConf) ||| Accordion

    main = xmonad $ defaultConfig { layoutHook = mylayoutHook }

The error message is:

xmonad.hs:7:58: Not in scope: `defaultTConf'

Can anyone kindly tell me what is wrong here?

Anthony

Anthony Campbell - ac at acampbell.org.uk