[Haskell-beginners] install wxHaskell on osx 10.7 64bit

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Sun Apr 8 09:53:38 CEST 2012

Miguel Negrao wrote:

> Then I get:
>
> cabal install reactive-banana-wx --constraint=wxcore==0.13.1
> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: cannot configure reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0. It requires wxcore
> ==0.12.1.7
> For the dependency on wxcore ==0.12.1.7 there are these packages:
> wxcore-0.12.1.7. However none of them are available.
> wxcore-0.12.1.7 was excluded because of the top level dependency wxcore
> ==0.13.1

I have hardcoded the  wxcore==0.12.1.7  constraint in the
reactive-banana-wx  package because I didn't take the time to fix my
installation problems with the newer wx package yet.

You can override this by downloading the tarball from hackage and
changing the dependency in  reactive-banana-wx.cabal  from

    build-depends: wxcore == 0.12.2.7

to the version you desire. Same for the wx == .. constraint. Then,
simply type

    cabal install

to install from the  *.cabal file in your current directory.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com