[Haskell-beginners] install wxHaskell on osx 10.7 64bit

Miguel Negrao miguel.negrao-lists at friendlyvirus.org
Sun Apr 8 12:09:51 CEST 2012

A 08/04/2012, às 10:44, Heinrich Apfelmus escreveu:

> Miguel Negrao wrote:
>> I did:
>> cabal unpack reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0
>> cd reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0/
>> edited reactive-banana-wx.cabal cabal install
>> Resolving dependencies...
>> [1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( Setup.hs, dist/setup/Main.o )
>> Linking ./dist/setup/setup ...
>> ld: warning: could not create compact unwind for _ffi_call_unix64: does not use RBP or RSP based frame
>> Configuring reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0...
>> Preprocessing library reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0...
>> Preprocessing executables for reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0...
>> Building reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0...
>> [1 of 1] Compiling Reactive.Banana.WX ( src/Reactive/Banana/WX.hs, dist/build/Reactive/Banana/WX.o )
>> [1 of 1] Compiling Reactive.Banana.WX ( src/Reactive/Banana/WX.hs, dist/build/Reactive/Banana/WX.p_o )
>> Registering reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0...
>> Creating application bundle directory dist/build/Asteroids.app
>> Copying executable Asteroids into place
>> setup: dist/build/Asteroids/Asteroids: does not exist
>> cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
>> reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0 failed during the building phase. The exception
>> was:
>> ExitFailure 1
>
> Looks like it's an issue with the cabal-macosx package, which will be fixed soon. You probably also want to install the examples, so try
>
>    cabal install -fbuildExamples
>
> instead. The  buildExamples  flag is also mentioned in the package description.

Ok, so that means there’s nothing to be done for now, I just have to wait ?

Some other small questions, not directly related:

I’m using leksah to edit code. How do I:

- Browse the source of reactive-banana from leksah ? I would like to check for instance how the Applicative of Behaviour is implemented.
- Is it possible to check the type of statements from the gui ?
- Is it possible to pull up the documentation of a function directly from the gui ?
- Is it possible to to the definition of a function, including the ones in other packages (like the ones of reactive-banana) directly from the gui ?

thanks !
Miguel Negrão