[Haskell-beginners] install wxHaskell on osx 10.7 64bit

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Mon Apr 9 09:12:41 CEST 2012

Miguel Negrao wrote:
> A 08/04/2012, às 10:44, Heinrich Apfelmus escreveu:
>> Looks like it's an issue with the cabal-macosx package, which will be fixed soon. You probably also want to install the examples, so try
>>
>>  cabal install -fbuildExamples
>
> Not sure if I was suppose to try with that command, but If I do I get:
>
> miguelnegrao at Mac-Miguel:~/Development/Haskell/Libs/reactive-banana/reactive-banana-wx (master *)$ cabal install -fbuildExamples
> Resolving dependencies...
> Configuring reactive-banana-wx-0.6.0.0...
> Preprocessing library reactive-banana-wx-0.6.0.0...
> Preprocessing executables for reactive-banana-wx-0.6.0.0...
> Building reactive-banana-wx-0.6.0.0...
> Registering reactive-banana-wx-0.6.0.0...
> [2 of 2] Compiling Main             ( src/Arithmetic.hs, dist/build/Arithmetic/Arithmetic-tmp/Main.o )
>
> src/Arithmetic.hs:30:21: Not in scope: `behaviorText'
>
> src/Arithmetic.hs:31:21: Not in scope: `behaviorText'
> reactive-banana-wx-0.6.0.0 failed during the building phase. The exception
> was:
> ExitFailure 1

Errm, reactive-banana-0.6.0.0 is the current development branch which is
definitely not going to compile. I meant the tarball from hackage, i.e.

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/reactive-banana-wx/0.5.0.0/reactive-banana-wx-0.5.0.0.tar.gz

> I’m now trying to do a example where the value of a slider is posted
> to text box, but I can’t get it to work. event0 is for events that
> don’t ouput anything, but slider has a value.... what should I do ?

You can use  fromPoll  as the NetMonitor.hs examples demonstrates. Or
you have to get an event from wx that indicates when the slider is
moved, then you can use  stepper  or the  fromChanges  function.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com