[Haskell-beginners] Resources to learn functional programming

Dudley Brooks dbrooks at runforyourlife.org
Thu Aug 2 00:14:54 CEST 2012

On 8/1/12 2:23 PM, Tim Perry wrote:

> I think that you should work your way through "Real World Haskell"
> which is available free online. I thought it was worth-while enough
> that I bought the book and I regularly refer to it.
> http://book.realworldhaskell.org/
>
> Learn you a Haskell for Great Good is also a worth-while book.
> http://learnyouahaskell.com/

The Haskell wikibook is also good, available online as HTML or PDF:

	http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell

Personally, I found that Learn You a Haskell started to get obscure at
about the chapter on monads, just where the most clarity is needed, and
that the wikibook was clearer.  But different strokes for different
folks.  (I haven't looked at that section of Real-World Haskell yet.)

--
Dudley