[Haskell-beginners] How to deal with recursive/missing dependencies?

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Fri Aug 24 13:41:52 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:17:49PM +0200, Ming Gao wrote:
> Hello,
> nevermind, I solved this problem already.
> In case some of you face this too: I purged ghc again, then removed
> .ghc in my home folder and reinstalled it.

Yes, that is probably the quickest way.  For future reference, you
could also try unregistering all the packages it said were unusable
(via ghc-pkg unregister) and then reinstalling them.

With newer versions of cabal-instal this should happen much less
often.  Don't ignore its warnings about dangerous reinstalls.

-Brent