[Haskell-beginners] NCurses program cannot be interpreted?

Aditya Manthramurthy aditya.mmy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:24:10 CET 2012

Hi,

I am writing an ncurses based haskell program. I am unable to run it via
ghci - I get an error message saying that UI.NCurses could not be found. If
I run it via "runhaskell", the terminal gets messed up. The only way that I
found works is to compile it using  "ghc source.hs" and running the binary.

I can guess that not being able to interpret it has something to do with
the terminal like capabilities of ghci (as ncurses needs a terminal I
suppose). But why does runhaskell not work either? I am just trying to
understand how the three ways to run the program are different.

Thanks,
Aditya