[Haskell-beginners] Most C++ compilers will not optimize x^2.0 as x*x but instead will do an expensive ...

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Thu May 24 04:19:35 CEST 2012

On 05/24/2012 04:13 AM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM, KC <kc1956 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> exponentiation and logarithm.
>> So, I believe this C++ versus Haskell versus (your language of choice) is
>> a Penn & Teller misdirection.
>> Whereas, another level of indirection solves everything.
>>

> Is it me or is this style of message — content broken between subject and
> body, no reference information tying it to the presumed topic (or possibly
> a /non sequitur/) — better suited to Twitter than a mailing list?

This has come up before -- this KC person probably has a broken mail
client which doesn't set appropriate References headers.

@KC: Which mail client are you using?

... and could you please 1) (ideally) use a mail client which doesn't
screw up threading, or 2) (less ideally) avoid messing with the subject
line so that at least everybody else's mail client has that to go on for
threading purposes?

Regards,