[Haskell-beginners] exceptions and stacks

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:45:12 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 12:31:09PM +0100, Emmanuel Touzery wrote:
> reading this makes me think the reason why I got such an unhelpful
> result with the +RTS -xc might be that I was doing that on the older
> haskell platform, using GHC 7.0...
> I may try it now on the latest haskell platform, with GHC 7.4 but
> who knows, maybe I need GHC 7.6 to get these stack traces reliably,
> using that -xc trick.

Looking at the ticket 'http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3693',
I don't now if even the current GHC version (7.6.1) is enough to
get stack traces.

Also the release notes of 7.6.1 don't contain anything about stack traces.

I think that stack traces are such a huge thing, that an early 7.6.2 just
adding these would be great.

Greetings,
Daniel