[Haskell-beginners] Representing most types by the same letter

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Wed Nov 14 20:39:29 CET 2012

Hi. I'm trying to learn Haskore, and it seems rather odd: Why are most
types in the system represented by the same letter, the letter 'T'? For
example, instead of a Scale type, a Duration type, and a Pitch type,
there is a T type in the Scale module, a T type in the Duration module,
and a T type in the Pitch module. It makes the documentation rather
challenging to read, because I have to read the link for each appearance
of the letter to see what type it is referring to. Is there some theory
behind this practice?

--
frigidcode.com