[Haskell-beginners] type signature error in a where clause

Chaddaï Fouché chaddai.fouche at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 18:41:53 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Mark Wallace <lotabout at gmail.com> wrote:

> Somehow it might seem a bit easier to me to grasp the function of a function
> with the help of type signature.
> I'll try just omitting the signatures, it's easier and more handy isn't it?

As said, type signature are sometimes very useful to catch a mistake
earlier (if your code _can_ be typed, but don't do what you want it
to) and they're also a bit of automatically checked documentation
(always invaluable). A reasonable compromise is to only put type
signatures on the top-level, that's usually sufficient.

--
Jedaï