[Haskell-beginners] FRP

Ertugrul Söylemez es at ertes.de
Wed Sep 19 04:35:18 CEST 2012

Christopher Howard <christopher.howard at frigidcode.com> wrote:

> Which FRP framework (i.e., Haskell package) is the best one to play
> with for someone still trying to grasp the basics of FRP?

In terms of tutorials and related blog posts I currently recommend
reactive-banana.  In terms of power and elegance I recommend Netwire.

The main difference is that reactive-banana is both simple and easy.  It
implements classic FRP with the usual notion of behaviors and events.
Heinrich strives to make it very accessible.

Netwire follows a more algebraic path and drops the classic notion.  The
line between signals and events is blurred.  It's a bit more difficult
to understand, but is more expressive and concise.  Also it's pretty
much time-leak-free.  The library is designed to be very elegant while
preserving non-FRP performance to a high degree.

(To be fair, I'm the author of Netwire.) =)

Greets,
Ertugrul