[Haskell-beginners] Strange new Haskell Platform

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 20 15:35:07 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 03:29:36PM +0200, bucephalus org wrote:
> Dear Corentin, Dear Chaddai, Dear Lorenzo,
>
> Thank you for your replies, they explain everything I didn't understand.
>
> Only, I cannot find the new equivalent for the old
>   System.system
> function, which doesn't appear anymore? At least not in

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/7.4-latest/html/libraries/base-4.5.1.0/doc-index-S.htm?

Searching with Hoogle (haskell.org/hoogle) finds it immediately:

  http://www.haskell.org/hoogle/?q=system

It now lives in System.Process, and is also re-exported by System.Cmd
(the latter should be preferred if you only want to use the 'system'
function and do not need any of the more complex interface provided by
System.Process).

-Brent