[Haskell-beginners] FRP

Ertugrul Söylemez es at ertes.de
Fri Sep 28 03:20:17 CEST 2012

Nathan Hüsken <nathan.huesken at posteo.de> wrote:

> I must admit netwire 4 catched my interest. Would you consider it
> ready enough to try it or will I (beeing still more or less a haskell
> novice) despair of it?

Install it with documentation enabled.  There is a quickstart tutorial
in the Control.Wire module, so just open its Haddock documentation:

    cd netwire
    cabal install --enable-documentation

Assuming a Unix-like OS the documentation will be installed in
~/.cabal/share/doc/.  Open the index.html and select the Control.Wire
module.  To install with documentation by default just uncomment and set
'documentation' to True in your ~/.cabal/config.

The tutorial says that it's for the experienced, impatient Haskell
programmer, but it should be quite accessible even for beginners who
understand the syntax and the basics of the type system.

You can use it in production, because the interface won't change
anymore.  I'm just improving documentation and adding some further
utilities before the official release.

Feedback is very much appreciated. =)

Greets,
Ertugrul