[Haskell-beginners] lazy mapM

David McBride toad3k at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 02:53:04 CEST 2013

I know you have the best intentions in writing this, but there are
pitfalls.  Unexpected things happen when you interleave IO in this manner,
but nonetheless, here's how you would do it.

myGetLine = do
  x <- getLine
  if (x == "exit")
      then return []
      else do
        xs <- unsafeInterleaveIO myGetLine
        return (x:xs)

main = do
  x <- myGetLine
  print x

Just know that at some point you should learn to use conduits or pipes for
a much better approach to modeling things like this.