[Haskell-beginners] Editor choices

Amy de Buitléir amy at nualeargais.ie
Fri Apr 19 11:13:05 CEST 2013

Jeff Lasslett <jeff.lasslett <at> gmail.com> writes:
> So I find myself playing around with XMonad source code.

Have you seen the "XMonad deconstructed" videos? They're very well done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63MpfyZUcrU (part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivdyLaH3PhY (part 2)

> I'd like the editor/IDE to tell me the type of a thing, or at least the
module it is defined in.

Leksah and EclipseFP are two options you might want to consider. You can
find links to them, and information about other options here:

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/IDE

I myself make do with querying the types in GHCi or Hayoo. I also installed
the command-line version of Hoogle (see
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hoogle), which is very useful.