[Haskell-beginners] helper tools for reading haskell source

Nathan Hüsken nathan.huesken at posteo.de
Sat Jan 19 13:52:59 CET 2013

Hey,

Often, when I read haskell code, I would like to know how and where a
datatype or function is defined.
Normaly I read the code of package, and I then use grep. But when it is
not defined in the same package, grep can not help me.

Example: I want to know where the datatype Frame and the function
windowGetChildren in the wxHaskell odule are defined.
I know there is hoogle, but for these it was unable to help me (or I was
unable to use it correctly?).

So I was wondering, what other tools or methods do you use to "analyse"
haskell source?

Regards,
Nathan