[Haskell-beginners] running shelly script from root's crontab

Miguel Negrão miguel.negrao-lists at friendlyvirus.org
Fri Jul 12 15:39:34 CEST 2013

Hi

I have a shelly script that runs fine from my user account which I would
to run every night. It needs to sudo to call some other processes so I
need to add it to the root's crontab (sudo crontab -e). Unfortunately
the script will fail to run because it can't find several modules, since
it's running from the root account. Is there a way to make this work
without having to install the packages globally (sudo cabal install
--globally) ? I just tried that and manage to completely ruin my haskell
installation, so I had to revert to previous backup.

thanks,
--
Miguel Negrão
http://www.friendlyvirus.org/miguelnegrao