[Haskell-beginners] FFI, export a ByteString

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 16:53:28 CEST 2013

The function 'castStablePtrToPtr' does not actually return a pointer
you can usefully de-reference in C - it just gives you a value that
will fit into a 'void*' in C-land.

A StablePtr is, conceptually, just a pointer-sized index into an array
maintained by the Haskell runtime, you can only de-reference it in
Haskell. But you can pass it around in C because it fits into a
pointer-sized variable or struct member.