[Haskell-beginners] OpenGLRaw Tutorial

Michael Baker michaeltbaker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 07:45:26 CET 2013

I'm trying to follow this book on OpenGL:
http://www.arcsynthesis.org/gltut/Basics/Tut01%20Following%20the%20Data.html

I'm trying to follow the examples using the OpenGLRaw package as the OpenGL
package doesn't map very neatly to any of the examples. For instance, it is
not clear to me now to create and use the vertex array used in the example
that I linked to.

However, I'm struggling a bit because I haven't used Haskell's foreign
interface before. Here is an attempt which is expected to draw a triangle,
but instead draws nothing: http://hpaste.org/83837

Does anyone know of a tutorial for OpenGLRaw or the foreign interface that
might help me understand how to marshall data around? It seems like many
people turn to OpenGLRaw when they're learning OpenGL so that they can
follow the tutorials. I imagine it would be useful to have a guide out
there that covers how to actually use it.