[Haskell-beginners] Which IDE use a professional Haskeller?

Giacomo Tesio giacomo at tesio.it
Sun May 26 23:06:47 CEST 2013

A few years ago I was an Emacs user too, so I'm not surprised of these
answers. In the last 4 years, my job moved to windows, and I have worked
mainly on C# and .NET so that I've become a kind of VisualStudio addict.
Still I used Spyder for scientifical computing and jEdit a lot for casual
editing on windows.

There are a few features that I think are important for professional
development:
- debugging support
- project management (should I really learn cabal packaging?)
- underline sintactic errors
- code navigation
- autocompletion (based on scope)
- testing integration

Optional valuable features
- syntax highlight
- section folds

I'm using Leksah, right now, but I'm still not satisfied. This despite the
hard and respectful work of the author.

I'd like to have an excuse to use Emacs (or vim) at work (windows) and at
home (Linux), but I'm not sure that it satisfies these basic requirements.
Any "ready to use" .emacs for Haskell?

To those that mainly code in Haskell: can you suggest any realistic
screencast to show your development process?

Giacomo