[Haskell-beginners] Q 1 of 2: How stable is Haskell?

Gan Uesli Starling gan at starling.us
Fri May 31 00:50:15 CEST 2013

As compared against Python and Perl, how stable is Haskell?

That is to say, between Python's 3 and 2 being so different, you pretty
much need to know both. And with Perl 6 being "on the way" for so very
long, and it too being a turnabout in many ways from Perl 5, it is
discouraging to be keeping on with Perl 5 the way I've been doing.

All that said, I know that they model the forthcoming Perl 6 in Haskell,
which is how I heard of it. And ever since then, I've been thinking if I
were to take up a new language, Haskell had maybe ought be the one.