[Haskell-beginners] Q 2 of 2: GUI and turnkey compiler?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri May 31 16:13:08 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM, emacstheviking <objitsu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried that too... but I think I fell foul to a missing library for the
> arbitrary length arithmetic. can't remember the name of it off-hand though.

libgmp? I think there are ways to make that get statically linked as well,
although various platforms (Debian derivatives, mostly) strongly discourage
doing this, to the extent that they modify their packaged ghc to force a
dependency on the system gmp library (and, somewhat ironically, are also
the ones most prone to having no or an incompatible version installed at
runtime).