[Haskell-beginners] scotty installation error

Ovidiu D ovidiudeac at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 23:32:34 UTC 2013

I'm trying to write a small web application starting from here:
http://adit.io/posts/2013-04-15-making-a-website-with-haskell.html

Resolving dependencies...
Configuring scotty-0.2.0...
Building scotty-0.2.0...
Preprocessing library scotty-0.2.0...

Web/Scotty.hs:35:8:
    Could not find module `Control.Monad.Trans.Resource'
    It is a member of the hidden package `resourcet-0.4.8'.
    Perhaps you need to add `resourcet' to the build-depends in your .cabal
file.
    Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
Failed to install scotty-0.2.0

My build-depends clause is the following:

  build-depends:       base ==4.5.*
                     , wai ==1.3.*
                     , warp ==1.3.*
                     , http-types ==0.7.*
                     , resourcet
                     , scotty
                     , text
                     , bytestring
                     , blaze-html
                     , persistent
                     , persistent-template
                     , persistent-sqlite
                     , persistent-postgresql
                     , heroku
                     , transformers ==0.3.0.0
                     , wai-middleware-static ==0.3.2
                     , wai-extra
                     , time
                     , monad-logger ==0.2.4

Any idea what is wrong with it?

I also tried to use the dependencies list without any versions and I
get the same error

Thanks
ovidiu