[Haskell-beginners] Libzip for Haskell under Window

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl
Tue Oct 1 11:43:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 11:10:18 +0200, Riaan <info at rotnetix.com> wrote:

> I have not been able to figure out how to get libzip [
> http://www.nih.at/libzip/index.html] installed under windows so that
> cabal
> can install the package.
>
> I don't seem to be able to find a compiled binary anywhere.  Can anyone
> help?

You will have to compile the C package yourself, using MinGW (see the
HaskellWiki page for Windows[0]). Start the MinGW shell with command 'sh'
and follow the instructions in the file INSTALL.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

[0] http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Windows#Tools_for_compilation

--