[Haskell-beginners] -with-rtsopts ignored at compile time

Kees Bleijenberg k.bleijenberg at lijbrandt.nl
Mon Oct 21 12:01:06 UTC 2013

When I run my program, I get a stack overflow message (current stacksize is
8388608 bytes) and the advice to use +RTS -Ksize  -RTS

The Haskell code creates a Windows dll, so no command line. That's why I
want to change the stack size at compile time.

I tried ghc -shared -O2 -o -with-rtsopts="-H128m -K64m" TBGlas.dll
TBGlasDll.hs

Ghc tells that it links with "-H128m -K64m". When I run the program I still
get a message overflow with again  the same (?) 8388608 stack size. I also
changed the stacksize of the calling program, but no luck (same message).

I wonder whether ghc ignores the -with-rtsopts parameter?

Probably the problem is caused by not enough strictness, but still I want te
make sure that it is not the stacksize (it is a big program).

Kees