[Haskell-beginners] Haskell for server?

Miro Karpis miroslav.karpis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 09:28:40 CEST 2013

Please can you help me with following?
I would like to try Haskell in our company. We need to make a simulation
data server that would do read/write requests into a DB (didn't decide on a
DB yet). Read/write will be done by several clients - so far I think that
we might have around 1000 clients. Size of the transferred data will be
quite small (maximum 10 MB). Every client can have around 10 requests per
second. All the network will be in-house (local). It needs to be stable and
fast, since our clients will be a modules that do physics calculations. It
should also support parallelism, concurrency and in the future maybe cloud
computing.

Snap framework looks very promising, but am not 100% sure.

Please do you have any suggestions to what framework and DB would be
appropriate to this set-up?

Cheers,
m.