[Haskell-beginners] Getting Documentation with Command Line Hoogle Results

Changlin Li changlinli at college.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 27 11:53:45 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I've installed the command line version of Hoogle and everything seems
great. However, I was hoping to get a short documentation blurb with
each type signature as is the case when I search on the actual Hoogle
website.

Is there any way to enable this on the command line (I've already set
the Cabal configuration option for documentation to True) and
specifically, how can I do so for functions in Prelude and other
built-in modules?

Thanks!

Changlin Li