[Haskell-beginners] Help installing Esqueleto (for Yesod)!

Gilberto Melfe gilbertomelfe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:56:12 UTC 2014

Hello community!

I'm trying to install Yesod on a freshly setup openSUSE 13.1 virtual
machine!

I installed the Haskell Platform and three other (ghc) packages required
(for yesod-bin), from the standard online repositories!

Then i issued:
  cabal update
  cabal install cabal-install (because cabal told me so)
  export PATH=$HOME/.cabal/bin:$PATH

  cabal install yesod-platform

After churning for a while, that last command stated that some packages,
more precisely the Esqueleto package, failed to install.

I tried to install it alone and got these error messages:

-- Begin Command Output

Resolving dependencies...
Configuring esqueleto-1.3.5...
Building esqueleto-1.3.5...
Preprocessing library esqueleto-1.3.5...
[1 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.PersistentImport (
src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/PersistentImport.hs,
dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/PersistentImport.o )
[2 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.Language (
src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Language.hs,
dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Language.o )
[3 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.Sql (
src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs,
dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.o )

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:531:46:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:559:42:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:619:31:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:634:24:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:636:17:
    Not in scope: `C.runResourceT'
Failed to install esqueleto-1.3.5
esqueleto-1.3.5 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

-- End Command Output

Can someone figure out what might be wrong?
(I guess it's not a dependencies issue...)

Thank You Very Much, in advance, for your time!

Gilberto

PS: Should I have included the command output in an attached file? Which
"method" is preferred?