[Haskell-beginners] How do you pronounce these operators?

Thiago Negri evohunz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 15:36:25 UTC 2014

As far as I know, there are no standard out there for this.
As Haskell allows to define custom operators, they tend to add up pretty
quick and it's completely optional to give it a pronounceable name.
Maybe we can propose a syntax to define a pronounceable name next to an
operator, and make emacs say it out loud each time you type it (missed
april's fool release notes).

As Kim-Ee said, a quick search can bring good content into the matter:

HaskellWiki has a page about this:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Pronunciation
The HaskellWiki points to a thread:
www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2008-January/038756.html
And there's a question at Stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7746894/are-there-pronounceable-names-for-common-haskell-operators

Hope it can help.