[Haskell-beginners] compilation joys

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:41:00 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Elise Huard <haskell at elisehuard.be> wrote:

> It uses Hipmunk (2D collision detection/physics framework) and OpenGL.
> Now the problem is that Hipmunk uses Data.StateVar, and OpenGL/GLUT
> use Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.GL.StateVar
> Both have pretty much the same code and functionality, but using both
> together gives problems with conflicting types.

I thought Data.StateVar was the old OpenGL StateVar unbundled? That is,
current versions of OpenGL should be using Data.StateVar. Unfortunately,
the Haskell Platform ships an older version of OpenGL; you may need to use
a sandbox to install a current OpenGL. (Or wait a bit; the next Platform
update is in testing.)