[C2hs] ANN: C->Haskell 0.14.1 "Travelling Lightly"

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Jul 15 09:31:59 EDT 2005

Version 0.14.1 "Travelling Lightly" of C->Haskell introduces three
radical changes:

* Death to make!  We have got brand new Cabal-based build system.

* Brand new C lexer/parser based on Alex and Happy kindly contributed
  by Duncan Coutts.  This reduces the memory consumption when compiling
  bindings to large C libraries dramatically.

* No separately installed marshalling library anymore.  Support code
  is provided in source form.  Hence, a single C->Haskell installation
  can generate bindings for any Haskell system and version.

The hitch is that you need to use Cabal 1.0.1 to build the system (not
version 1.0 included with GHC 6.4, as this misses a crucial feature).

Happy Hacking!
Manuel

PS to GHC HQ: Can we please have the latest Cabal in GHC 6.4.1?