[C2hs] Re: support for 6.4

Gour haskell_list at atmarama.org
Mon May 23 03:56:33 EDT 2005

Duncan Coutts (duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk) wrote:

> Yes I think that's right. I did quite a bit of profiling work last year
> and I didn't notice anything that looked to me like a space leak.

Huh...I'm a little bit puzzled now 'cause on dev list the discussion was
going on about 'space leaks'.

Anyway, the facts remains the same for the end user: it's not possible
to build gtk2hs without having enormous amount of RAM.

> Both reasonable. We'll keep that in mind if we try for a heap reduction
> patch.

Am I right assuming that this could be even more difficult than fixing
(non-existant) space leak?

> I think if I were to try this again, I'd try and make the name analysis
> phase into an external algorithm, keeping as much of the various finite
> maps in external files for most of the time.

Let me know if I can help with some sort of testing.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Registered Linux User	| #278493