[C2hs] Re: [Haskell] building c2hs on winows

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 6 05:30:54 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 20:58 -0700, Anatoly Yakovenko wrote:
> On 7/4/06, Arjan Oosting <arjanoosting at home.nl> wrote:
> > Op di, 04-07-2006 te 09:09 -0700, schreef Anatoly Yakovenko:
> > > I can't get c2hs to build on windows with ghc-6.4.2
> > >
> I get a little farther, but it still doesn't work:

Actually, c2hs's setup is doing something that only works on unix. In
fact it doesn't even always work on unix. For the Gentoo ebuild we
changed it because it doesn't work in the context of installing into a
temp dir.

A temporary hack is to change the Setup.hs to be just:

import Distribution.Simple
main = defaultMain

it means that c2hs's --copy-library feature will not work but everything
else should. We'll have to look into doing that in a more portable way.

Duncan