[C2hs] BUG: string.h, (FC4 x86_64)

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue May 23 18:54:06 EDT 2006

Duncan Coutts:
> On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 09:00 +0300, Ville Tirronen wrote:
> So the bug here is in parsing this bit:
>
> extern int strerror_r (int __errnum, char *__buf, size_t __buflen)
> __asm__ ("" "__xpg_strerror_r") __attribute__ ((__nothrow__))
> __attribute__ ((__nonnull__ (2)));
>

> In particular the current c2hs C parser only allows __asm__ decorations
> after __attribute__ decorations, not mixed as in this example.
[..]
> We should try and find some clearer spec on the GNU C grammar. I was
> working from a yacc parser in gcc 3.3.x when I added some support for
> the __asm__ annotations.

In the meantime, as a stop gap measure, we can use the C pre-processor
to get rid of the pesky __asm__ and __attribute__ annotations by passing
the following additional arguments to the pre-processor:

  -D__asm__(A)= -D__attribute__(A)=

(Don't forget quotes if using from a shell.)

c2hs can be instructed to pass extra options to the C pre-processor
using the --cppopts=CPPOPTS command line option.

Manuel