[C2hs] [c2hs] #54: Allow referring to 'struct foo' identifiers from {#sizeof} {#get} and friends

c2hs cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Thu Oct 18 00:59:47 CEST 2012

#54: Allow referring to 'struct foo' identifiers from {#sizeof} {#get} and
friends
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  guest   |        Type:  defect
Milestone:          |   Component:  general
  Version:  0.16.0  |    Keywords:
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 C maintains separate namespaces for 'struct foo' and 'typedef ... foo',
 and at present c2hs only references the latter namespace.  This is
 annoying if a library author didn't add typedefs to allow eliding the
 'struct' keyword from type definitions; we have to re-typedef everything
 we want to use from c2hs. It would be convenient if we could write {#get
 struct foo->bar #} or similar.  Note that pointer appears to look in both
 namespaces, so I don't know what's going on there. -- ezyang

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/c2hs/ticket/54>
c2hs <http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/c2hs/>