darcs patch: added cppOptions and c2hsOptions

Vivian McPhail vivian.mcphail at paradise.net.nz
Fri Apr 20 00:32:18 EDT 2007

Hi Duncan,

I added cppOptions because in the Cabal.cabal file there was a comment to
add cppOptions and so I did it.

With respect to c2hsOptions, the problem is that c2hs passes options to the
CPP nonstandardly (with --cppopts=), so even if I have an -I* option in my
ccOptions that gets passed to c2hs, this works for c2hs, but doesn't get
passed to the cpp that c2hs uses.

I've sent a message to the c2hs/cabal mailing list with a dummy package that
recreates all the problems I had on mingw/WinXP.  The reason the c files are
outside the Cabal hierarchy is that they are supposed to mimic libs/headers
that are already on the system and would (normally) be found with an
autoconf script.

I think it would be a great idea to change the name of the .h file that c2hs
generates.  It would make naming Haskell sources/modules more consistent
with their targets.

Cheers,

Vivian