cabal ignores ld-options?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Apr 22 03:31:31 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 00:11 +0100, Frederik Eaton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get cabal to link an object file with a library.

Do you mean you want to link to an existing C library? You don't need
ld-options for that of course, just extra-libraries (and maybe
extra-lib-dirs).

> I tried naming it in an ld-options: line, but it didn't show up in the
> arguments to 'ld'. Is this the correct behaviour?

For a bug report like this it's much more helpful if you give more
detail on exactly what you did, exactly what happened and what you were
expecting. In this case for example you could include the output of
runghc Setup.hs build -v so you and we could see exactly how cabal is
calling ghc/ld/whatever.

The ld-options are passed to ghc when it links an executable and they
also get included in library package registration information.

Duncan