[RFC] Don't overwrite an existing Makefile

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Tue Apr 24 13:24:33 EDT 2007

Hi, Simon -

Another problem with "Setup makefile" is that it will overwrite an
existing Makefile, even if that file perhaps ought to be present.  For
example, using "Setup makefile" in a Cabal repo clobbers Cabal's own
Makefile.

The attached patch causes "Setup makefile" to refuse to overwrite an
existing file.  I'm a bit ambivalent about it, but I don't see another
simple, predictable way to avoid the possibility for foot-shooting.

	<b