patch applied (cabal): add --enable-optimization/--disable-optimization config options (on by default)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 18 12:51:37 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 17:18 +0000, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 10:51:38AM +1100, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> >
> > I think developers can be expected to read the docs and turn off
> > optimisations if they like. Everyone else should get -O by default, to
> > avoid bad press ;-)
>
> Since Duncan asked for opinions, I agree with Don.

Ok, fair enough.

Should --enable-optimisation also enable split-objs ?

If --enable-optimisation is about building for installation then we'd
want that too I'd assume. We've got a separate --enable/--disable flag
for split-objs but perhaps the default for that flag should depend on
the optimisation flag.

Duncan