Cabal bug, times two and a half

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Thu Jan 25 01:37:09 EST 2007

I tried reporting a Cabal bug via Trac, but I can't log in as
guest/haskell.  Alas.

The bug is that "runhaskell Setup.hs --enable-library-profiling" doesn't
imply -auto-all with ghc, so the profiled library contains only manual
cost centres - in other words, it never shows up in profile output.

The second bug is that the only way I can find to override or add
compiler flags is to edit a .cabal file by hand.  This makes it scarily
easy to capture unintended flags when committing changes :-(

	<b