Parsec as a Dependency?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 06:03:23 EDT 2007

Hi

> Adding parsec as a dependency is a big step - it would bring parsec into GHC's
> core packages, and force its distribution with other compilers too.  I'm not
> completely against this, but we should explore alternatives first.

If you choose to use something that isn't the best/most well known,
eventually this debate will come around again with Poly vs Parsec.
Couldn't you distribute Cabal by taking all required files from all
packages (apart from base) and putting that in a tarball? I did this
for Catch, and the distribution problems went from a severe headache
to nothing.

Thanks

Neil