Test Cases for Configurations

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Jun 15 08:04:29 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 12:56:41PM +0100, Neil Mitchell wrote:

> >That's not something that we want to be able to fix with configurations,
> >though. We need to either implement all the functionality for all the
> >implementations or to split the package up.
>
> I disagree. I have a library which provides two modules, one for
> compilers without multi-parameter type classes, and both for those
> with them. I want this to be one library, but I want the modules
> exported to vary based on the compiler being used. Since the library
> is small, splitting it up would be a big pain.

I thought we'd all agreed that a library package should always export
the same modules (and class, functions, type signatures etc), so that if
foo depends on bar and you have bar installed then you know that you can
build foo.

In fact, I thought you were one of the people arguing in favour of this
for the base package!

Thanks
Ian