Stack overflow on hackage upload

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 10 17:30:17 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 15:27 +0100, Ross Paterson wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 02:01:30PM +0200, Bjorn Bringert wrote:
> > I can't seem to upload the new GD release  to hackage:
>
> Sorry about that.  Fixed now.

I was hoping this might be the same bug that prevents me from uploading
cabal-1.1.6.2.tar.gz but it seems not. I still get 400 error during
upload after a few 100k.

I suspect it's a server side limit on the upload size. Cabal-1.1.6 is
just under 500k and Cabal-1.1.6.2 is just over. Perhaps I should try and
reduce the size of the tarball by taking the built docs out (I'm not
sure why they're in there, that's just what the current cabal makefile
does).

In case anyone else wants to try, the tarball is on the Cabal website:
http://haskell.org/cabal/download.html

Duncan