[Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] Fun with Cabal on Windows! [Stream fusion for Hackage]]

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 18:35:28 EST 2007

Hi

> So we could do with seeing the output of configure -v3 which shows the
> location that Cabal looks for and finds all the programs it needs.
>
> If anyone else can reproduce this on windows that'd be helpful too.

Reproduced on mine too, I think I always have added that to the PATH as well.

Thanks

Neil

> Well, no, this is Windoze, we don't have ld here...

Calling Microsoft Windows (TM) "Windoze" is a bad idea. Microsoft pay
for a good proportion of Haskell development, and hence showing them
at least basic politness seems only fair. It may seem cool to people
who dislike Windows, but in most cases, you are specifically asking
for the help of a Windows user, who kind of gets instantly disinclined
to help as soon as you suggest they (or their operating system of
choice) is "dozy". It's the same number of keys, and abbreviating it
to Win would be perfectly acceptable too!