Packages within a package

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 10:04:34 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 09:03 -0400, John D. Ramsdell wrote:
> Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > The design choice is that the Cabal package is the unit of
> > distribution.  Of course what one sees as a system may well consist
> > of multiple interdependent packages.
>
> I think developers want support for developing and distributing
> systems as a unit.

I think I'm claiming that developers want support for developing systems
as a unit but distribution can be as a collection of components rather
than as a unit.

Then using a package manager or cabal-install a user can pull in the
components they need, including pulling in their dependencies
automatically.

Duncan