missing packages on hackage

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 13 18:14:34 EDT 2008

Ross,

A user noticed that gentoo's HAppS package was broken because the
upstream .tar.gz package had disappeared. Checking the hackage archive
it does indeed seem to have gone (except for some log files).

Is this intentional or something gone wrong? I don't think we should be
removing tarballs, except where the package was uploaded in violation of
the upload policy. Certainly we want a mechanism to mark packages as
obsolete and drop them from the contents page but I don't think they
should be removed from the index tarball or the archive.

Duncan